Barnsley Council have now published the Penistone Neighbourhood Plan. It can be seen here: www.barnsley.gov.uk/penistone-
What is regulation 16?
Regulation 16 is the 4th step in the Neighbourhood Plan process:
“Step 4: Submission of a neighbourhood plan or Order proposal to the local planning authority
- Qualifying body submits the plan or Order proposal to the local planning authority
- Local planning authority checks that submitted proposal complies with all relevant legislation
- If the local planning authority finds that the plan or order meets the legal requirements it:
- publicises the proposal for minimum 6 weeks and invites representations
- notifies consultation bodies referred to in the consultation statement
- appoints an independent examiner (with the agreement of the qualifying body”
We are at step 4 of 7 stages
After this is Step 5, Independent Examination.
Step 6: referendum of all in the area to say yes or no to adopt the plan
Step 7: plan is a in force.
Click the links below to download PDF copies of each document. (Left-click = open in an new tab; right-click = save to your computer).